Please click HERE to view and print the application for the 15-16 school year, Class of 2020.
Each year, Henry Ford Early College admits 50 new ninth grade students. Please follow the process below to see if you qualify.
1 – If you are a Resident of Wayne County
The application is submitted toHenry Ford Early College
Dearborn MI 48128
313.317.1585 – Fax
A confirmation email will be sent within 5 business days to ALL emails listed on the application.
while the student is in 8th grade between January and March 15th. The application consists of :
- Science Teacher Recommendation (to be confidentially faxed to HFEC, 313.317.1585)
- Math Teacher Recommendation (to be confidentially faxed to HFEC)
- Counselor Recommendation (to be confidentially faxed to HFEC)
- Student Essay
- Family Contact Information
- Please include a current semester (not marking period) report card/transcript.
(Please check your email often! All applicants will receive a confirmation email, within 5 business days, when a document/s has been received, testing information and/or orientation dates.)
Students who submit a complete application by March 15th and who do NOT attend Dearborn Public Schools are notified of testing date for Reading in late March. All students who submit the 1st page (contact info) of the application will fall into one of the following below.
- Students with non passing scores will receive a disqualifying letter.
- Students with passing scores will enter the lottery. 60% are chosen from Dearborn Public School District and 40% for the other residing cities/townships in Wayne County.
- Students who have passed testing, but have NOT been accepted will be waitlisted and receive a waitlist number.
After all testing is complete, accepted and waitlisted applicants will be notified by letter and are required to complete the enrollment packet, along with additional documentation/requirements by deadlines.
If you are one of the 50 who receive the acceptance letter, you must complete the enrollment steps below.
1. Complete/submit the enrollment packet, due May 3rd
- Students who are accepted will receive enrollment packets which will be due by May 3rd (date subject to change). The enrollment packet will take approximately 2 hours to review and complete, please set aside the appropriate time for you and your student. Along with the enrollment packet, you will need to submit additional documentation
- proving Dearborn or Wayne County residency
- student’s birth certificate
- student’s social security card (copy of social security card is acceptable).
Once your enrollment packet is ready and you have the necessary documents, call 313.317.1588 to schedule your appointment.
2. **Henry Ford Health System Pre-Screening, ONLY available during the month of August
- As part of the curriculum for HFEC, each student will have some experiences observing in the hospital setting. In the interest of safety for our patients and our students, a **pre-placement health screening is required for all students BEFORE the students will be PERMITTED in the HOSPITAL setting. The pre-placement health screening is available during the month of August and ONLY available at Henry Ford Hospital Employee Health Center located at, 2799 W. Grand Blvd, Detroit MI 48202. Each student will also be required to have an annual screening completed at Employee Health each year they attend. All returning students MUST schedule their annual screening online ONLY during the month of September. Information regarding the flu vaccine.
3. Physical/Immunization information, due 1st day of school
- All new students are required to complete and annual physical and be current on their immunizations, this process is to be completed with your family doctor and must be dated after May 1st of the year in which they enroll and due by the 1st day of school.
4. Participation in Orientations
- HFEC students are required to have Adult/Child/Infant Basic Life Support with Automatic External Defibrillator and Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (AHA BLS) every two years. New students will have AHA BLS provided during August orientation. The certification is valid for 2 years. Students will need to renew their AHA BLS independently through the Henry Ford Health System Community Training Center BEFORE their AHA BLS expires.